Beautiful Parks Near Plano Texas
Ready to Get Outdoors? Try Exploring a State Park
As the lovely spring weather starts to lure people outside, this might be the perfect time to plan a trip to one of the beautiful state parks near Plano.
The Lone Star State is home to many state parks, many of which are close by and offers tons of outdoor activities for the whole family to enjoy. We are so fortunate to have beautiful parks near Plano, Texas.
From day hiking trips to weekend camping adventures, the possibilities are endless.
Here are some options for you to consider visiting:
Cedar Hill State Park
Our first of the beautiful parks near Plano is Cedar Hill State Park. This urban oasis is only about an hour’s drive, but you will feel as if you were a world away from the city.
The park sits on the shore of Joe Pool Lake, so you will be spoiled for choice when it comes to outdoor activities.
Things to Do
Go Camping – The park offers 350 campsites with nearby restrooms and showers. All camps have water and electricity service.
Explore the Many Trails – This oasis offers many nature trails to be enjoyed either on a bike or foot.
Go Fishing on the Lake – The 7,500-acre Joe Pool Lake is teeming with catfish, largemouth black bass, and crappie. The part has a perch pond for kids and two lighted fishing jetties. The best part is you don’t require a fishing license to fish from the shore or a pier in a state park.
Eisenhower State Park
The next beautiful parks near Plano is Eisenhower State Park. If you enjoy camping, we recommend you choose Eisenhower state park as your next camping destination.
Located on Lake Texoma’s shores, about an hour’s drive, the park has a beach and a marina where you can rent canoes, kayaks, pontoon boats, and paddleboards.
Things to Do
Camping – The park offers many camping options to accommodate those who enjoy roughing it and those who prefer to have the comforts of modern life close at hand.
Hiking – There are three hiking trails available to the public ranging from .81 miles to 3.2 miles. Although a strenuous hike, Ike’s Hike and Bike trail offers the park and lake’s best views.
Swim in the Lake – Swimming is allowed in the lake, as is fishing.
Park Safety Tips
Getting away from the city and spending some relaxing time in nature is just what the doctor ordered, but you should always put safety before fun.
Swimming and Boating Safety Tips
- Only swim in designated areas
- Keep a vigilant eye on children while in the water
- Check the weather forecast and don’t go swimming while it’s raining
- Use lifejackets while boating
- Wear sunscreen and reapply every two hours
- Don’t drink alcohol if you plan to go boating, kayaking, canoeing, or paddleboarding
- Never go swimming alone
Trail Biking and Hiking Safety Tips
- Tell friends or family the route you plan on taking
- It’s best to enjoy the trails accompanied. If possible, avoid going hiking or biking alone
- Be sure to carry some form of ID and a list of any illnesses you may have, as well as the medications you are taking and those you are allergic to
- Never go off the trail
- Wear protective gear, including helmets when biking
- Wear insect repellent
- Wear sunscreen
- Watch for signs of heat exhaustion or heat stroke
- Keep hydrated
Camping Safety Tips
- Pack your food in airtight containers to avoid attracting wildlife
- Never light fires underneath trees or close to flammable structures
- Never leave a fire unattended
When to Come to Go to the ER
Spending time outdoors is an excellent way to create family memories. No matter how careful you plan your trip, accidents can happen.
If you near Plano, you should rush to Prestige ER if:
- You or someone in your group suffered head trauma, especially if they lost consciousness
- You had a nasty fall, and you suspect you may have fractured a bone
- Someone in your group is experiencing heat exhaustion or heat stroke
- You or a loved one is dehydrated
- Severe sunburn
- You have 2nd or 3rd-degree burns
- Someone drowned or had a near-drowning
- In case of food poisoning
At Prestige ER, we provide world-class emergency medical treatment and highly personalized care with minimal wait time. We are here for you when you need us.
HealthCare.gov recommends that in case of an emergency, you head straight to the closest ER.
You DO NOT need to get prior approval from your health insurance company.
They will cover expenses barring whatever your deductible and coinsurance/copayments are for emergency treatments.
Prestige ER is open and ready to care for you during an emergency in which your health is significantly jeopardized 24/7, we work with all major insurance companies and our Patient Advocate team is available to help you understand your coverage and rights. We will guide and fight for you every step of the way. For more information regarding your rights as a patient, view our Insurance Information.
Know Where to Go in the Event of an Emergency
Prestige ER is Your #1 Choice During an Emergency.
#WeStayOPEN 24/7, through weekends & all holidays!
Prestige ER is honored to serve the residents and those passing through Plano and surrounding cities like Frisco and Allen.
Part of caring for your health is to know where to go in case of an emergency. Please keep in mind that Prestige ER is Open 24/7 every day of the year, if you need us, we are here for you.
We are available 24/7 because an accident can happen at any time. Do not risk your health! Get help from the ER experts when you need it, visit us immediately on .
#1 Medical Emergency Care in Plano, Near Frisco and Allen
Find the ER Specialists at prestigeer.org, We provide the Best 24 HR. Emergency Medical Services in Plano. Don’t Wait in Line for ER Care! Don’t forget that WE STAY OPEN 24/7.
Get back on track to enjoying life, FAST! Experienced, Effective and Caring Emergency Physicians team up with the best On-Site ER care for everything from Minor to Major Injuries and Conditions.
- CT Scan, Digital X-Ray & Ultrasound
- Certified Full-Service Diagnostic Laboratory
- Specialized Pediatrics ER Care Facilities
- Extended Stay Capacity
Email: email@example.com Phone: (972) 527-3000