Disaster Emergency Planning, Prepare Now!
This month of September, as part of National Preparedness Month, Prestige ER encourages all the members of our communities to formulate disaster emergency planning. This involves developing a family game plan, or emergency planning in the event we are hit by a natural disaster.
Each year, the USA is faced with devastating natural disasters including hurricanes, wildfires, tornadoes, floods, and earthquakes. But, Mother Nature is not the only cause of disasters, gas leaks, home fires, mass shootings are just a few examples of man-made disasters, and we need to prepare for these as well.
Make and Practice Your Plan
During an emergency, every second counts, for this reason creating and rehearsing a game plan will help you and your family survive during a disaster.
Get started by following these steps:
Emergency Planning for What is Most Likely to Happen in Your Area
- Learn about which natural disasters are more likely to affect where you live, study, work and play.
- Consider which is the best way to respond in each of those scenarios, allocate responsibilities to each member of our family
- Emergency planning may require your family to shelter in place as well as those that will require evacuation
Plan What to Do in The Event You are Separated During an Emergency
Disasters don’t give us much warning, for this reason, it is up to you to develop a game plan, so you can reunite with your family members if you are not together when the emergency happens.
- You should always designate two meeting places, one right outside your home for emergencies such as a fire, and another outside of your neighborhood in case you cannot return home or are asked to evacuate
- Designate an emergency contact person who lives outside of your area
- Make sure everyone in your household carries the emergency contact information either in writing or on their cell phones. Include Prestige ER’s phone numbers, Plano: (972) 527-3000 Mesquite:
- Provide all necessary emergency contact information to your child’s school
Plan What to Do If You Need to Evacuate
- Decide where would you go (motel, relatives or friends house, evacuation center) and devise different routes to get there
- Practice evacuating your home at least twice a year. Grab your emergency kit, instruct your kids how to get out of the home depending on the type of emergency so they can reach the gathering place in front of your house, and drive to your planned evacuation location
- Don’t forget about your pets. Make a list of pet-friendly hotels and animal shelters along your evacuation route.
Build an Emergency Preparedness Kit
A basic emergency supply kit should include the following items:
- Water – One gallon per person per day
- Food – At least a three-day supply of non-perishable foods, add a manual can opener
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio
- First-Aid kit – Don’t forget to include any medications anyone in your household takes with regularity
- Extra batteries
- Whistle to signal for help
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags (for sanitation)
- Dust masks to help filter contaminated air
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape in case you need to shelter in place
- Pocket knife, wrench, and pliers
- Extra clothes and blankets
Learn Life Saving Skills is Key in Emergency Planning
During an emergency, you might be the first one in your household or community to act after a disaster strikes and before the first responders have time to arrive. Therefore, it is vital to learn life-saving skills such as CPR and first aid. Keeping your cool and knowing what to do, can help save a life.
You should also educate yourself, so you can:
- Know how to turn off utilities like natural gas in your home
- Install and maintain smoke, natural gas, and carbon monoxide alarms in your residence. Remember to replace them every 10 years
- Learn how to mitigate flood damage to your home
- Learn how to protect your home against earthquakes and tornadoes
Disaster can strike anytime without warning, being prepared will greatly assist you and your family survive any eventuality. And if you ever need emergency medical assistance, the doctors and nurses of Prestige ER will be here to help any time, day or night, even in the most devastating of circumstances.
Know Where to Go in the Event of an Emergency
Prestige ER is Your #1 Choice During an Emergency.
#WeStayOPEN 24/7, through weekends & all holidays!
Prestige ER is honored to serve the residents and those passing through Plano and surrounding cities like Frisco and Allen.
Part of caring for your health is to know where to go in case of an emergency. Please keep in mind that Prestige ER is Open 24/7 every day of the year, if you need us, we are here for you.
We are available 24/7 because an accident can happen at any time. Do not risk your health! Get help from the ER experts when you need it, visit us immediately either in Mesquite or Plano.
#1 Medical Emergency Care in Two Locations in North and East of Dallas
Find the ER Specialists at prestigeer.org, We provide the Best 24 HR. Emergency Medical Services in Plano and Mesquite Texas. Don’t Wait in Line for ER Care! Don’t forget that WE STAY OPEN 24/7.
Get back on track to enjoying life, FAST! Experienced, Effective and Caring Emergency Physicians team up with the best On-Site ER care for everything from Minor to Major Injuries and Conditions.
- CT Scan, Digital X-Ray & Ultrasound
- Certified Full-Service Diagnostic Laboratory
- Specialized Pediatrics ER Care Facilities
- Extended Stay Capacity
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (972)527-3000 #BestERPlano