Caring Emergency Trained Physicians Prestige ER is Open 24/7 in Plano.
Insect Bites and Stings
Insect bites and stings are very common occurrences for most people they are no more than a mild inconvenience usually resulting in redness, mild swelling, and itchiness at the site. Sometimes, however, insect bites or stings can result in a life-threatening allergic reaction or they can transmit pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, or parasites to humans.
What Causes a Rash?
A rash may develop due to many factors including:
- Certain diseases like chickenpox
- Direct contact with an irritant agent such as cleaning products
- Insect bites or stings
PRESTIGE ER is the #1 24/7 FAST Emergency Care Near You!
How to Prevent a Rash
Because rashes can be caused by different things, it is important to identify the cause of the rash and try to avoid any contact with it. In the case of diseases, the best way to avoid them is through vaccination.
How to Prevent Insect Bites and Stings
- Never disturb a hive or insect nest
- Wear insect repellant if you plan to be outdoors
- Wear gloves and closed-toed shoes if you need to work in an area where insect may lurk
- Remove areas of standing water near your home, these are breeding grounds for mosquitos
- Remain calm in the presence of insects, avoid swatting at them, instead, retreat slowly if you feel the insects seem threatening.
Symptoms of a Rash
- Itchiness, hives, or welts
- Painful or burning sensation
- Dry, scaly skin
- Redness or discoloration of the skin
- Skin inflammation
Symptoms of Insect Bites or Stings
There most common symptoms of an insect bite are swelling, redness and itchiness at the site, these symptoms do not require emergency medical attention, they can easily be treated at home with topical ointments.
Severe symptoms of an Insect Bite or Sting include:
Anaphylaxis is a severe, life-threatening allergic reaction, the symptoms manifest within minutes and include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sudden anxiety
- Chest tightness
- Swelling of the eyes, lips, and other areas of the face
Symptoms of Lyme Disease
This disease is transmitted by the bite of an infected tick, its symptoms include:
- Skin rash that resembles a circular red spot or bullseye
Prestige ER is Open 24 HRS. When Urgent Cares are Closed!
PRESTIGE ER is the #1 Choice
for FAST 24/7 EMERGENCY CARE Near You!
At Prestige ER, we are available 24/7 because an accident or illness complication can happen at any time. Do not risk your health for not getting help from the ER experts, visit us immediately on 7940 Custer Road Plano, Texas 75025.
Find the ER Specialists at PrestigeER.org, We provide the Best 24 HR. Emergency Medical Services in Plano. Don’t Wait in Line for ER Care!
#PrestigeERCares About YOU!
Prestige ER In Plano,
Texas, Near Frisco and Allen
#1 CHOICE for FAST 24/7 EMERGENCY CARE
Get back on track to enjoying life, FAST! Experienced, Effective and Caring Emergency Physicians team up with the best On-Site ER care for everything from Minor to Major Injuries and Conditions.
- CT Scan, Digital X-Ray & Ultrasound
- Certified Full-Service Diagnostic Laboratory
- Specialized Pediatrics ER Care Facilities
- Extended Stay Capacity