Digital Radiography, commonly referred to as Digital X Ray, uses the latest imaging technology to produce high-quality clinical images of bones and internal organs.
Learn everything you need to know from the Experts at PrestigeER.org.
Our Doctors, Nurses, and Rad Techs Know Best!
Caring Emergency Trained Physicians Prestige ER is Open 24/7 in Plano.
What are Digital X-Rays?
Traditional x rays used in emergency medicine are exposed onto a photographic film that needs to undergo a developing process which can take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes before it can be viewed. This process delays the diagnosis of injuries in the emergency room, extending patient suffering unnecessarily.
The new technology behind digital x rays overcomes those issues; much like a digital camera, digital x-ray machines utilize an electronic sensor to capture and store the images onto a computer. The images can be viewed immediately, and because they are digital, doctors can manipulate them, enlarging them or adding more contrast to the image which aids them in detecting problems more easily.
Prestige ER #WeStayOpen 24/7:
What are Digital X Rays
Most Commonly Used For?
X Rays are the oldest and most commonly used form of medical imaging, and thanks to technological advancements they can now produce enhanced images which improve patient care.
#WeStayOpen 34/7, 365 Days of the Year.
A Vital Player in Emergency Medicine: Digital X-Rays
Digital x-rays are used in emergency medicine to detect a variety of problems in bones, chest, and abdomen, such as:
- Diagnose bone fractures and dislocated joints.
- Reveal proper alignment and stabilization of bony fragments following treatment of a fracture.
- Locate foreign objects in the soft tissue surrounding the bones.
- Diagnose kidney, bladder, and gallstones.
- Expose intestinal blockages.
- Diagnose perforations in the stomach or intestines.
- Ingestion of foreign objects.
- Diagnose pneumonia, emphysema.
- Diagnose heart failure and other cardiovascular problems.
- Diagnose Hirschsprung disease in children (a blockage of the large intestine).
PRESTIGE ER is the #1 24/7 FAST Emergency Care Near You!
How Important are Digital X-Rays
in Emergency Medicine?
Every minute in the ER counts. That's why faster more accurate diagnoses are the key to saving lives and improving patient care.
Digital X Rays offer clear advantages over traditional x ray imaging in an emergency room setting:
- Digital x-rays produce 80% less radiation exposure.
- They offer x ray image enhancement by allowing technicians and doctors to control the exposure of each image in real time.
- They improve quality and clarity of the images making it easier to detect tiny fractures and imperfections.
- Images can be easily shared and stored, minimizing clutter in the ER and making it possible to share images with other practitioners in minutes.
- Improved time and productivity, being able to diagnose patients faster means treatment can start sooner, alleviating patient suffering and time spent in the ER.
#PrestigeERCares About Your Health!
We Offer On-Site Digital X-Rays 24 Hrs a Day!
PRESTIGE ER is the #1 Choice
for FAST 24/7 EMERGENCY CARE Near You!
At Prestige ER, we are available 24/7 because an accident or illness complication can happen at any time. Do not risk your health for not getting help from the ER experts, visit us immediately on 7940 Custer Road Plano, Texas 75025.
Find the ER Specialists at PrestigeER.org, We provide the Best 24 HR. Emergency Medical Services in Plano. Don’t Wait in Line for ER Care!
#PrestigeERCares About YOU!
Prestige ER In Plano,
Texas, Near Frisco and Allen
#1 CHOICE for FAST 24/7 EMERGENCY CARE
Get back on track to enjoying life, FAST! Experienced, Effective and Caring Emergency Physicians team up with the best On-Site ER care for everything from Minor to Major Injuries and Conditions.
- CT Scan, Digital X-Ray & Ultrasound
- Certified Full-Service Diagnostic Laboratory
- Specialized Pediatrics ER Care Facilities
- Extended Stay Capacity