What is a CT Scan?
One of the most instrumental diagnostics medical test is the CT Scan, capable of imaging bone, soft tissue, and blood vessels at the same time.
This diagnostic test uses special x-ray technology to produce high-quality cross-sectional images of the body, these can then be reformatted in multiple planes and can even be turned into 3-dimensional images.
The CT Scanner is a large machine with a short tunnel in the middle, patients will be introduced into this tunnel on a narrow examination table, while inside both an x-ray tube and several electronic x-ray detectors will rotate around the patient creating multiple images of the desired area.
The images that are generated with a CT Scan also known as CAT Scan, provide more detail of internal organs, bones, soft tissue, and blood vessels making it easier and faster for emergency physicians to diagnose internal injuries.
Caring Emergency Trained Physicians Prestige ER is Open 24/7 in Plano.
What are CT Scans
Most Commonly Used For?
Modern CT Scanners are incredibly fast and accurate, they can scan through large sections of an adult patient in a matter of seconds and even faster in children. Speed is one of the top benefits of this type of test, but beyond speed, the versatility and accuracy of the results are why ER doctors rely on it so much.
Do You Need a CT Scan Now?
CT Scans in our emergency room are often used to diagnose the following:
- Internal injuries to the lungs, liver, spleen, bowel, and heart in cases of trauma such as a vehicular accident.
- Diagnose patients with acute symptoms such as difficulty breathing, chest pain, abdominal pain.
- Diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases that could lead to stroke, kidney failure, pulmonary embolism, and aortic aneurysms.
- Because of the detail and accuracy of the imagining CT Scans are instrumental in the diagnosis of injuries to the hands, feet, and other skeletal structures as well as musculoskeletal disorders.
- CT Scans can also detect several types of cancer.
How Important are CT Scanners in an Emergency Room?
A CT Scanner is one of the quickest and more accurate examinations and diagnostic tools available in modern medicine, and because of this, it has become an invaluable tool to emergency physicians around the globe.
#PrestigeERCares About Your Health!
PRESTIGE ER is the #1 24/7 FAST Emergency Care Near You!
Some Benefits of Utilizing a
CT Scan Diagnostic Test Are:
- It is painless, non-invasive, and accurate.
- Fast, detailed results help save lives in the emergency room.
- It is capable of imaging bone, soft tissue, internal organs, and blood vessels at the same time, thus significantly lowering diagnostic times.
- In many cases, it eliminates the need for exploratory surgery.
- No radiation remains in the patient’s body after the examination, reducing the risk of side effects.
- Can be performed on a wide range of patients even those with an implanted medical device.
Prestige ER is Open 24 HRS. When Urgent Cares are Closed!
PRESTIGE ER is the #1 Choice
for FAST 24/7 EMERGENCY CARE Near You!
At Prestige ER, we are available 24/7 because an accident or illness complication can happen at any time. Do not risk your health for not getting help from the ER experts, visit us immediately on 7940 Custer Road Plano, Texas 75025.
Find the ER Specialists at PrestigeER.org, We provide the Best 24 HR. Emergency Medical Services in Plano. Don’t Wait in Line for ER Care!
#PrestigeERCares About YOU!
Prestige ER In Plano,
Texas, Near Frisco and Allen
#1 CHOICE for FAST 24/7 EMERGENCY CARE
Get back on track to enjoying life, FAST! Experienced, Effective and Caring Emergency Physicians team up with the best On-Site ER care for everything from Minor to Major Injuries and Conditions.
- CT Scan, Digital X-Ray & Ultrasound
- Certified Full-Service Diagnostic Laboratory
- Specialized Pediatrics ER Care Facilities
- Extended Stay Capacity