According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), every 40 seconds someone in the United States suffers a heart attack, and per a 2015 study heart disease is the leading cause of deaths in the state of Texas.
What is a Heart Attack?
The heart muscle requires oxygen to function properly, a heart attack, also known as a myocardial infarction occurs when the blood supply that nourishes the heart with oxygen is suddenly cut off.
When the heart is deprived of oxygen its tissue begins to die, therefore a heart attack is a very serious medical emergency, one that requires immediate attention from trained professionals familiar with chest pain emergency medicine.
Caring Emergency Trained Physicians Prestige ER is Open 24/7 in Plano.
Causes of Heart Attacks
Several cardiac conditions are responsible for heart attack incidents:
• Atherosclerosis: Plaque buildup in the arteries which prevents proper blood flow from reaching the heart.
• Blood Clots
• Torn Blood Vessels
• Blood Vessel Spasm
#PrestigeERCares About Your Health!
Can Heart Attacks Be Prevented?
Science has not been able to prevent 100% of heart attack incidents, however, there are some proven ways for significantly reducing the likelihood of experiencing a heart attack, these include:
- Don’t Smoke: Smoking is one of the leading causes of heart disease if you are a smoker talk to your doctor about beginning a smoking cessation program as soon as possible to reduce your risk of a heart attack.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet: A healthy heart diet requires regularly eating, fruits and vegetables, a variety of healthy proteins such as lean meat and poultry, fish, legumes, nuts, and seeds.
- Exercise: It doesn’t take much, just 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise 5 times a week is enough to reduce your risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Limit your Alcohol Intake: Male adults should limit their daily alcohol intake to two drinks, while females should not ingest more than 1 drink in a 24 hours period.
- Work Closely with Your Doctor: Patients with diabetes or those who already have a form of heart disease must work closely with their doctors and take their medications as indicated to reduce their risk.
Symptoms of a Heart Attack
People who have suffered a heart attack reported experiencing one or more of the following symptoms:
- Chest Pain or Discomfort
- Lightheadedness or Dizziness
- Shoulder Pain
- Upper Abdomen Pain
- Back Pain
- Pain in the Neck or Throat
- Tightness in the Jaw
Symptoms vary from patient to another and they differ between men and women, most women report pain in other parts of their body not necessarily in their chest.
PRESTIGE ER is the #1 24/7 FAST Emergency Care Near You!
When to Go to
Chest Pain is a symptom that should never be ignored. There are many factors and conditions that can cause chest pain, some are minor and will fade on their own, while others can be life-threatening, therefore if you or someone you know experiences chest pains seek immediate medical attention.
Wondering which is a better alternative urgent care vs. ER? Chest pain should always be evaluated in the emergency room, urgent care clinics do not have the necessary equipment or trained medical staff to treat a heart attack.
#PrestigeERCares About Your Health!
Prestige ER is Open 24 HRS. When Urgent Cares are Closed!
PRESTIGE ER is the #1 Choice
for FAST 24/7 EMERGENCY CARE Near You!
At Prestige ER, we are available 24/7 because an accident or illness complication can happen at any time. Do not risk your health for not getting help from the ER experts, visit us immediately on 7940 Custer Road Plano, Texas 75025.
Find the ER Specialists at PrestigeER.org, We provide the Best 24 HR. Emergency Medical Services in Plano. Don’t Wait in Line for ER Care!
#PrestigeERCares About YOU!
Prestige ER In Plano,
Texas, Near Frisco and Allen
#1 CHOICE for FAST 24/7 EMERGENCY CARE
Get back on track to enjoying life, FAST! Experienced, Effective and Caring Emergency Physicians team up with the best On-Site ER care for everything from Minor to Major Injuries and Conditions.
- CT Scan, Digital X-Ray & Ultrasound
- Certified Full-Service Diagnostic Laboratory
- Specialized Pediatrics ER Care Facilities
- Extended Stay Capacity