ER Nurses Week – Celebrating our Front Line Heroes During COVID-19
Many will say that it takes a special breed to be an emergency nurse. As all nurses are special, this ER Nurses Week, we’d like to give you a little insight as to why they are considered the “front line heroes of the ER”. An emergency center must be fully equipped to take on any type of medical emergency from its equipment to its specialized staff. These exceptional professionals possess certain traits making them highly effective during the most critical scenarios.
Being an ER Nurse During COVID-19
Nurses are real humans with real hearts. Any ER Nurse will admit that 2020 has proved to be particularly challenging. Instead of backing down during the pandemic, nurses rise to the occasion! In addition to the usual emergency room situations, during the COVID-19 pandemic, nurses play a key role in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases as well as keeping their patients well. They ensure their patients’ safety, help settle their nerves, educate them about prevention, and work fast with their fellow healthcare coworkers to keep you healthy.
At Prestige ER we are proud of working with an incredible team of ER Nurses. As the longest-standing, best-rated ER in Plano, Texas we are here for our community before, during, and after COVID-19. Our team encourages you to visit the ER if you need care. Do not put your health aside! We offer Free Medical Screening, Same Day COVID-19 testing, caring ER physicians, cutting edge on-site medical technology, and accept Medicare. The bottom line is WE CARE ABOUT YOU!
Let’s get to know one of our extraordinary nurses at PrestigeER, nurse Sarah Sepehri!
Get to Know Our Wonderful ER Nurse Sarah!
Traits of a Great ER Nurse
You only need to look into the eyes of a happy patient or their loved ones to understand the paramount import role of an ER nurse. Saving lives is not for everyone. The following are just a few traits that make an emergency nurse so special:
- THINK QUICKLY & TAKE ACTION. In an ER, at any moment there may be anything from minor emergencies to life-or-death situations. For this reason, they must have the knowledge and experience to be able to judge the severity of the patient’s situation and assess the next course of action to take quickly and accurately.
- NERVES OF STEEL. An ER Nurse should have the capacity to almost establish the tone of their environment. During an emergency, it is a vital trait to carry as ER nurses must remain the eye of the storm able to calm patients and their families.
- MASTER MULTITASKER. Emergency nurses must be well-organized and practice careful time management skills so as to provide genuine comfort, reassurance, and care to their patients, as well as being the essential intermediary between the patient and the doctors.
- GENUINELY NICE. People will feel more at ease during critical situations with a good-natured, friendly, pleasant soul by their side. This is something that must come naturally and is genuinely heartfelt. A patient will find easier to relax and listen to someone with these traits. This way, a good ER nurse will be able to find it easier to communicate in an honest and direct manner.
- CARING SOULS. People will see how much they care about them not by what they say, but by their actions. They will be happy to pull long shifts and always remain compassionate to those they are caring for. They will be happy to answer questions and do their best to fulfill each special request. Both cool-headed yet warm-hearted, they will bend over backward to make your experience the most comfortable possible. This is one of the reasons why ER nurses are called, “Angels in Scrubs”.
Wishing Everyone a Happy ER Nurses Week 2020!
Know Where to Go in the Event of an Emergency
Prestige ER is Your #1 Choice During an Emergency.
#WeStayOPEN 24/7, through weekends & all holidays!
Prestige ER is honored to serve the residents and those passing through Plano and surrounding cities like Frisco and Allen.
Part of caring for your health is to know where to go in case of an emergency. Please keep in mind that Prestige ER is Open 24/7 every day of the year, if you need us, we are here for you.
We are available 24/7 because an accident can happen at any time. Do not risk your health! Get help from the ER experts when you need it, visit us immediately on .
#1 Medical Emergency Care in Plano, Near Frisco and Allen
Find the ER Specialists at prestigeer.org, We provide the Best 24 HR. Emergency Medical Services in Plano. Don’t Wait in Line for ER Care! Don’t forget that WE STAY OPEN 24/7.
Get back on track to enjoying life, FAST! Experienced, Effective and Caring Emergency Physicians team up with the best On-Site ER care for everything from Minor to Major Injuries and Conditions.
- CT Scan, Digital X-Ray & Ultrasound
- Certified Full-Service Diagnostic Laboratory
- Specialized Pediatrics ER Care Facilities
- Extended Stay Capacity
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (972)527-3000 #BestERPlano