Let’s Begin 2018 Right Texas!
Best Advice to Start 2018 Happy and Healthy
Every year, we get to have a second chance to make it better than the last. Even the grouchiest of us smile and a warm light of positive energy fills the air. It’s our chance to be a better human being, a better person and a better citizen. New Year’s is a time to better ourselves for a better world. At Prestige ER, we’d like to thank each and every one of you for your loyalty. Let’s all celebrate the New Year’s together in the best way: Safe and Fun! The following are a few Common Sense Advice Tips to begin 2018 Right: Happy and Healthy!
Remember that at Plano ER, we offer you the best emergency care and while others are closed during the holiday, #WeStayOpen.
#1 – Plan Ahead
Do you know where you’ll spend New Year’s Eve yet? A good way to begin 2018 right is to know where you will be and make sure that others are also informed as to your whereabouts.
- Try to book a reservation to somewhere nearby.
- If you haven’t booked a reservation already, or have a friend’s or relative’s house to visit, you should consider finding a fun way to spend time at home with good company.
- Buy anything that you will need ahead of time to avoid driving around at the last minute.
- Avoid being alone and make sure that people know where you are. New Year’s Eve is prone to accidents and you never want to keep your friends and family worried about your whereabouts.
#2 – Plan a Ride or a Designated Driver
Drinking and driving KILLS. Don’t drink and drive and make sure no one else does. Make sure that you have a Plan A and a Plan B as far as getting to the party and getting back home. If you had a little to drink before the party don’t drive, period. Take a taxi, Uber, bus, carpool, anything except for your car. It’s too easy to get caught up in the celebrations and forget that by getting behind the wheel after having consumed alcohol, you are playing Russian roulette. You are endangering not only your own life but others. Either get a ride or have a designated driver. If you’re hosting a party, try to collect everyone’s car keys as they come in. As the host, it will be your responsibility to make sure that they get home safely. No matter how upset they may get that night, they’ll thank you the next day for helping them begin 2018 right, healthy and alive.
#3 – Easy Does It!
Simply put, be careful with the booze. If you do decide to drink alcohol, pace yourself. You can’t expect to begin 2018 right by waking up to the world’s worst hangover.
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach. Eat before you drink and snack in between.
- Keep in mind that our livers metabolize approximately one alcoholic drink per hour.
- Avoid straight drinking shots and have plenty water or non-alcoholic beverages in between.
- Don’t believe in myths. Coffee and cold showers will not sober you up.
- If you see a friend drinking too quickly, offer them something to eat or a non-alcoholic beverage.
#4 – Be Aware of Your Surroundings
Make sure that you are extra vigilant and careful especially at night. Others may not be as cautious and responsible as yourself.
- Avoid being out on the road as much as possible. Some might be on the road with drinks in their system. Even a little bit of alcohol dulls reflexes and can cause a serious accident.
- Don’t get too close to cars and to be extra careful with potential drunk drivers.
- Pick up any potential hazard lying around to avoid you or someone else may trip and fall.
- Avoid walking, running or dancing in dark places. A simple trip and fall will have you spend the beginning of 2018 in an emergency room tending to broken bones or lacerations.
- If you notice anyone getting into trouble, intervene. By helping everyone begin 2018 right we’re all to a great start!
PrestigeER.org recommends that you keep our Google Maps location saved in case you need to drive a friend to get fast and effective emergency care. #WeStayOpen 24 hours of every day including on New Year’s Eve.
#5 – Practice Cooking Safety
Whether you’re cooking or BBQ’ing, it’s easy to get caught up in the festivities and overlook potential cooking accidents such as fires or burns.
- Make sure to keep all handles inward,
- Use a timer to remind you that you’re cooking,
- Keep anything that can catch fire away from the stovetop or grill.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill and the kitchen to avoid accidents.
#6 – Be Careful With Fireworks
Leave the fireworks to the professionals. Never launch or be around someone who is putting on an illegal fireworks display. In addition, don’t allow children to play with fireworks or be near them. Even the seemingly unharmful ones such as sparklers can cause injuries if the child is left unattended.
#7 – Know Where to Go in Case of An Emergency!
Prestige ER is Your #1 Choice During an Emergency.
#WeStayOPEN 24/7, Throughout All Holidays!
Follow these seven helpful tips so that together, we can begin 2018 right Texas! Even if you do follow these tips, we understand that an accident can happen at any time. When it does, it’s best to be prepared. Do you know what the nearest ER is around you? Do you know how long is the average wait time? When every second count, you want to make sure that you will get the best care, by an emergency trained physician and that he or she will have access to the top of the line medical technologies to best assess and treat the emergency.
If you are not sure about how to answer these questions then now is a great time to become informed. Do not risk your health! Do your homework today so that you will nowhere to go if you need help tomorrow.
If you are North of Dallas, your research is done. Your best choice is Prestige ER in Plano, near Frisco and Allen. Visit us immediately on if you or someone you know need emergency care.
#1 Medical Emergency Care in Plano, Near Frisco and Allen
Find the ER Specialists at PrestigeER.org, We provide the Best 24 HR. Emergency Medical Services in Plano. Don’t Wait in Line for ER Care! Don’t forget that WE STAY OPEN 24/7 during the holidays.
Get back on track to enjoying life, FAST! Experienced, Effective and Caring Emergency Physicians team up with the best On-Site ER care for everything from Minor to Major Injuries and Conditions.
- CT Scan, Digital X-Ray & Ultrasound
- Certified Full-Service Diagnostic Laboratory
- Specialized Pediatrics ER Care Facilities
- Extended Stay Capacity
Email: email@example.com Phone: (972)527-3000 #BestERPlano