What is a Sports Injury?
Sports injuries are injuries sustained while playing sports or exercising. There are two kinds of sports injuries:
Acute Sports Injuries
These occur suddenly when playing sports or exercising, these types of injuries include:
• Bone Fractures
• Chronic Sports Injuries
These injuries occur over time, and stem from the practice of a sport or doing certain exercises, and include:
• Tennis Elbow
• Repetitive Strain Injuries
Caring Emergency Trained Physicians Prestige ER is Open 24/7 in Plano.
What Causes Sports Injuries?
Most sports injuries are caused by one or more of the following:
Inappropriate Training Practices
Not Using Proper Gear like shoes, helmets, shin guards, etc.
Not having the proper physical condition to practice a sport or perform an exercise
Not warming up or stretching properly before and after playing a sport or doing exercise.
#PrestigeERCares About Your Health!
How Can Sports Injuries be Prevented?
Most sports injuries are easily preventable by following these safety tips:
- Don’t overdo it
- When jumping land with your knees bent
- Don’t twist your knees when you stretch
- Warm up before playing any sport
- Always stretch before you exercise
- Cool down after training
- Wear shoes that fit properly, offer stability, and are shock absorbent
- Learn to do your sport or exercise right, use proper form to reduce the risk of developing a chronic sports-related injury
- Know your limits, while it is good to push yourself to do more and better this should be a gradual process
- Look for a total body workout that includes cardiovascular, strength training and flexibility exercises
- Don’t play when you are tired or in pain
What are the Symptoms of Sports Injuries
The symptoms will depend on the specific injury.
Symptoms of Acute Sports Injuries
- Sudden, severe pain
- Not being able to place any weight on a foot, ankle, knee, leg, etc.
- Extreme tenderness in fingers, hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder
- Limited mobility of an injured joint
- Extreme leg or arm weakness
- A bone or joint that is visibly out of place
Symptoms of Chronic Sports Injuries
- Patient experiences pain every time they play the sport or perform an exercise
- Dull ache when at rest
- Joint abnormality or instability
PRESTIGE ER is the #1 24/7 FAST Emergency Care Near You!
When to Go to
Patients who have sustained a sports-related injury should visit the emergency department for diagnosing and treatment if:
- They received a blow to the head and suspect they may have a concussion
- They suspect they have a broken bone
- They cannot put any weight on the injured limb
- There is extreme swelling
#PrestigeERCares About Your Health!
Prestige ER is Open 24 HRS. When Urgent Cares are Closed!
PRESTIGE ER is the #1 Choice
for FAST 24/7 EMERGENCY CARE Near You!
At Prestige ER, we are available 24/7 because an accident or illness complication can happen at any time. Do not risk your health for not getting help from the ER experts, visit us immediately on 7940 Custer Road Plano, Texas 75025.
Find the ER Specialists at PrestigeER.org, We provide the Best 24 HR. Emergency Medical Services in Plano. Don’t Wait in Line for ER Care!
#PrestigeERCares About YOU!
Prestige ER In Plano,
Texas, Near Frisco and Allen
#1 CHOICE for FAST 24/7 EMERGENCY CARE
Get back on track to enjoying life, FAST! Experienced, Effective and Caring Emergency Physicians team up with the best On-Site ER care for everything from Minor to Major Injuries and Conditions.
- CT Scan, Digital X-Ray & Ultrasound
- Certified Full-Service Diagnostic Laboratory
- Specialized Pediatrics ER Care Facilities
- Extended Stay Capacity